Thursday, July 26, 2012

Time to Get Down to Some Real Blogging

I enjoyed the 30 Days of Thankful very much.  I'm glad I did it.


I realize that I've missed blogging very much.  I miss J-Land and the camaraderie that we all shared.  I knew every day I could sign on to AOL and click a journal to read or write in mine and I had friends who cared and supported me in everything that happened in my life. People who really cared enough to visit my site and show some love.  That old journal is so important to me.  I still have it but it's private with no readers.  I look at it from time to time and I end up weeping almost every time.   Five years of my life are documented there.


I know we can't ever go back to that but I am going to make a good go of this thing called blogger.  Hopefully I can recruit some old friends to join me and start writing again.  I need to think of a way to do this.  Most have abandoned their blogs or only write once in a while.  Some aren't even there anymore.  How can I get them to start writing again like I am?  Most J-landers are on Facebook.


Today I would like to write about forgiveness.  Yesterday I made a phone call to someone who hurt me very much.  Something that I knew I had to do so that I could move on and have peace within myself.  This person was hurt too so the call was good for both of us.  Somewhere deep down inside, I didn't want to forgive the person or ask  for forgiveness either but I knew that I needed to do it.  So I made the call and I said "I'm sorry" and forgiveness was given by both parties.  I no longer feel hate in my heart for that person but I do still feel a small amount of distrust.  I'll always be on alert around her so that I don't get hurt again.


Forgiveness is the economy of the heart... forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.
Hannah More

I also added someone on Facebook that hurt me very much when we were children.  I have to let that go and move on.  For my own sanity.  I'm not going to think about it anymore.  Forgiveness is silently granted and my heart is lighter.  


I've prayed on it and I think I did the right thing on both accounts.   Is there someone you need to forgive?

Today I am thankful for forgiveness.  What a cruel world it would be without it!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I need to forgive my father for being an alcoholic and missing out on most of my life and on the life that Miss T has.

    ReplyDelete