Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thankful Day 19

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.  Aesop (wow, that's deep stuff)

What exactly is a noble soul?  hmmm something to ponder today.

Today it is very hard for me to find things to be thankful for but I'm going to try.

Today I am thankful for:

the cemetery where my brother was buried 5 years ago today.
the people who so beautifully take care of the place.
the fact that I have a place to visit him and remember him.
the memories I have of him, some good and some bad, but I keep them all.
feminine hygiene products.  I mean really?  I cannot imagine how on Earth women lived before these were invented.
ibuprofen.  It is my friend today.
the cell phone. I need to use it to call my sister and my mom today because they will be remembering my brother as well.
the library sending me a notice reminding that my books are due.  I am finishing the last one today.
the power only went out for 2 hours yesterday after that big storm came through here.
my son's love.  Last night he hugged me and told me he loves me.  That kind of stuff stays with you forever after it happens.


Dont' fall.  There's gators in there. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment