Friday, July 6, 2012

Thankful Day 16

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus


Today I am thankful for:


our family business. bread and buttah
my job with the school system. more bread and buttah
river rafting and hiking in the mountains.  oh yeah!
traveling around Florida to the different springs.  more to come.
volunteering for beach cleanups. 2 or 3 times a year.
being a giving, caring person. i.Think.
giving up smoking in 2006. yes! I'm smober!
being an American.  GBU!!!
the seasons.  summer :)
sunshine.  more summer :)
hot showers.  after a long day at the beach.



3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you on my blog again.

    I've done the beach cleanups too..will admit not my favorite way to volunteer, but much needed.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy reading what people are grateful for. We are sent so many blessings each day on top of the millions that await us as we open our eyes ready to start another day. I am grateful for the SHINY moments the Lord gives me; those unexpected little surprises that come midst my darkest, most painful moments. He has sent me so many beautiful ones since my husband is on hospice. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it was all the way back in 2006 when you quit smoking! Obviously you haven't gone back to it, that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete