Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thankful Day 30!!


For the expanding grandeur of Creation,
worlds known and unknown,
galaxies beyond galaxies,
filling us with awe and challenging our imaginations:

We give thanks this day.

For this fragile planet earth,
its times and tides, its sunsets and seasons:

We give thanks this day.

For the joy of human life,
its wonders and surprises, its hopes and achievements:

We give thanks this day.

For our human community,
our common past and future hope,
our oneness transcending all separation,
our capacity to work for peace and justice in the midst of hostility and oppression:

We give thanks this day.

For high hopes and noble causes, for faith without fanaticism,
for understanding of views not shared:

We give thanks this day.

For all who have labored and suffered for a fairer world,
who have lived so that others might live in dignity and freedom:

We give thanks this day.

For human liberty and sacred rites;
for opportunities to change and grow, to affirm and choose:

We give thanks this day.

We pray that we may live not by our fears but by our hopes,
not by our words but by our deeds.

we give thanks this day 

 o. eugene pickett

Well, I did it.  I posted 30 days of gratitude and I have to say that I learned a lot about myself and all the things that I take for granted everyday.  So from now I on, I am going to make note of something I am thankful for every day.  Remember to always give thanks if you want more of what you are giving thanks for.   Things like love, opportunity, hope, faith, achievement, success, health and wealth.  


6 comments:

  1. Very though provoking series, Shelly. I have so much to be grateful for and I thank you for reminding me to remember that. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, Shelly. I have several filled gratitude journals and every once in awhile I go through them. What always amazes me is the number of things I came up with. Life gets so hectic at times that I think we miss many "SHINY" moments the Lord has sent to us. I have really enjoyed reading your list, am so glad you shared. Your blog is really beautiful, something that benefits others as well as yourself. You take care. Thank you so much for the friendship, love, prayers and support. Johnny and I both appreciate it.
    Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Barb. I'm glad someone reads this stuff. I wish so much for the old days when we had this big circle of friends to support us every day and visit our journals. I know it can never be like that again. Just miss it so much.

      Delete
  3. I too miss our Journals.....it was a special special circle of friends. I am thankful that I met many wonderful people in that group, some just online, some in person; I wouldn't trade those days! One November I did the month of thanks, but I try to be thankful for every day, every thing and person. I love you Shelly!!

    ReplyDelete