Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thankful Day 8

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.  Each one of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
                                                                                                Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)
                                                                                                Nobel Peace Prize-Winning
                                                                                        Medical Missionary and Philosopher

So with that in mind, today I am thankful for those who have helped me along in my journey we call life:

My Granny Clay who taught me faith.  A strong faith that cannot be broken.
My mother in law who taught me so much.  How to take care of myself and my family and how to love unconditionally.
My husband, again, who taught me how to love because he learned it from his mother.
Friends from school who held me up at times.
A whole neighborhood who raised me.
The little country store who sold penny candy when I was a kid.
My dad who I loved even though he let alcohol control his life.  He taught me that you have to overcome your diversities and stand up to what is right.
My brothers who sheltered me and were my fathers when my father wasn't there.
My mother who taught me values and morals and provided my essential needs.
My friends and family who help through every single day and always pick me back up when needed.

Hell Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment